How Personnel Reset a Forgotten Password
Personnel who have forgotten their password can follow these steps to reset it. Note that these steps will only work for personnel who have previously entered their email address on the Login Settings page and verified the email address.
- On the Renaissance Place start page, select I'm a Teacher/Administrator.
- On the Teacher/Administrator login page, select Forgot Your User Name or Password? or Forgot Your Password under the Log In button.
- Enter your user name. Then, select Next.
- If you have not entered and verified your email address, you will be told that you cannot use this feature to reset your password. Contact the software administrator and ask to have your password reset. The administrator can do this by editing personnel information.
If you have previously entered and verified your email address, one of two things will happen:
If you chose to use security questions, you will be asked to answer a security question. Enter the information; then, select Next.
You will go to the Reset Password page, where you will be asked to enter a new password twice. Enter a new password in the two fields, then select Save.
- If you have not entered security questions before, you will receive an email. Click the link in the email and go to step 6.
- If you have entered security questions as well as your email address, you will be asked whether you want to reset your password using security questions or your email. Select an option; then, select Next.
If you choose the security question option, go to step 5.
If you choose the email option, a message will notify you of the email you will be receiving; click OK. You will receive an email with a link that you can use to go to the reset password page. Click the link; then, go to step 6. You must click the link within 24 hours; if you need a new email, repeat the steps above.
Select OK when the program notifies you that your password has been reset. You will then go back to the login page; log in with your user name and the new password you set.