Editing School Years
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff
- If you want to edit a past or future school year, you must choose to work in that school year first.
- On the Home page, select School Years.
- Select Edit School Year.
- On the Edit School Year page, you can change the school year's description, school year start date/end date, and first/last day for students. (You can also choose new dates by selecting the calendar buttons.) Please note that all these fields are required; you cannot leave any of this information blank.
When you have finished, select Update. If you decide not to save your changes, select Cancel instead.
- The School Year Start Date and School Year End Date should extend a full calendar year, and must not overlap other school years. This keeps the software active for setup and end-of-year reporting.
- First Day for Students and Last Day for Students are the dates when students will actually be in school and attending classes during the school year. These dates are used to calculate scores (like grade placement for Star) to align precisely to your district's calendar. Once the First Day for Students has passed, the dates are no longer editable so calculations remain consistent.
If the change in school year dates affects marking periods, days off, Star screening dates, or goals, the page will notify you. A list at the bottom of the page will tell you what will happen to the affected items if you save your school year changes. Select Review for marking periods, days off, or screening dates to see the items affected with their dates and schools. You can use this information to decide whether to save the changes. Select Done to go back to the changes. When you go back, if you are sure you want to continue, select Save.