Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
Note: School principals can only edit information for personnel assigned to their school. If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
You cannot edit information for a person whose record is inactive. (When you search for the person's record, you will see "Inactive" next to the name of personnel whose records are inactive.) If you need to change an inactive personnel record, activate it first.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Personnel.
- To retrieve a list of all personnel, do not enter any search criteria and skip to step 4. (If you are a school administrator, this only finds personnel in your school.)
- Type the person's first and/or last name in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name if you are not sure how it is spelled; the software can perform partial matches.
- You can select the person's school from the School drop-down list. (If you are a school administrator, remember that you cannot edit information for personnel who are not assigned to your school; if you want to edit a person's information, you must assign that person to your school first.)
- If you check the Show Inactive/Unassigned Personnel Records box and select an inactive personnel record, you will not be able to edit the person's information unless you reactivate the personnel record.
- Select Search.
- The personnel who matched your search will be listed at the bottom of the page. Click Select next to the person's name. (If the list is long, select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back in the list.)
Some personnel may appear more than once in the list because they are assigned to more than one school or to the school and the district. When you select one of these personnel, be sure to select the location for which you want to edit the person's information if you are changing the person's primary position.
- Select Edit Personnel Record Information.
Edit the information in the person's record.
- To save your changes and exit this page, select Save.
To exit this page without saving your changes, select Cancel.
If you edit the person’s name and the new name matches the name of other personnel in the database, the Duplicate Personnel Record Found page will open. District personnel can choose to do one of the following:
- keep the new name (even though it matches another person) by selecting Add Personnel
- activate a record for a person whose record was deleted (but not permanently) by selecting Activate
- cancel the changes to the personnel record
School personnel do not have these options; they must contact the Renaissance Place administrator.