Copying Marking Periods from the Previous School Year
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
For each new school year, you can copy marking periods from the previous school year. The copy link is only available if you have not copied marking periods before for this school year and if there are marking periods available for the selected school(s) from the previous school year.
Marking periods are used when you add classes; they show the duration of the class. They are also used when you set goals in Accelerated Reader. You must add marking periods for which you plan to set goals. (Note that when you copy classes from a previous school year, the associated marking periods are also copied.)
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your user name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- If you want to copy marking periods into a future school year, you must choose to work in that school year first.
- On the Home page, select School Years.
- Select Add/Edit Marking Periods.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, on the Select Schools page, check the box next to each school that needs marking periods set. Then, select Next >.
- On the Add/Edit Marking Periods page, the Copy Marking Periods link will be available if you have not copied marking periods into this school year before. Select the link.
- The marking periods that can be copied will be listed. Note that the days will be adjusted when you copy them to be within the new school year. To continue, select Copy.
- You will return to the Add/Edit Marking Periods page, where you can make adjustments to the marking periods if necessary:
- To add more marking periods, enter a name and the dates and select the type. (You can select the calendar buttons to select the dates instead of typing them.) Then select Add to add the marking period to the list at the bottom of the page.
- To delete any of the marking periods, select Delete in the row for the item.
- To edit a marking period, select Edit in the row for that marking period, change the information in the fields at the top of the page, and select Update.
- To re-sort the list by start date, select start Date. To sort by name again, select Marking Period Name.
To save the marking periods you have copied and any changes you have made, select Save.
If you are copying marking periods for multiple schools, select the number of schools at the top of the page or in the table to see the school names.