Roles in myON
When users are added to myON, each is assigned a role based on what that person does in your schools and needs to do in the myON software.
- District Administrators can only be added by Renaissance personnel. They set the district account settings and can set up and access all schools, rosters, and users. District Administrators can create and share projects but not assign them directly. They can run reports for all schools, rosters, and users. This role is typically for the myON software administrator.
- Building Administrators can be added by District Administrators. Building Administrators can set up and run reports on a specific school and the rosters and users in that school, and Building Administrators choose settings that are specifically for their school. They can also assign projects to students in their school. This role is appropriate for school administrators.
- Specialists can work with students in more than one school and create groups with students from multiple schools, even if those students are not on the specialist's roster. They can create students and assign other students to their roster or groups. They can also choose audio settings and benchmark settings for their students. Only District Administrators can create Specialists. This role may be appropriate for reading specialists or library media specialists. Specialists can assign students to their roster.
- Faculty can monitor and assign work for students on their roster. They can create students and assign students to their roster, and they can create groups and assign their students. They can also choose audio settings and benchmark settings for their students. Faculty can be added by Building Administrators or District Administrators.
- Students log in to read books, see their progress, and complete projects assigned by the teacher.
You cannot change a user's role after the user has been created in myON software, but you can deactivate existing users and create new ones as needed.