How to View Student Reading Tools Entries (Faculty)
As a teacher, follow the steps below to view students’ activity in books they've read, including highlighting, annotations, and sticky notes.
- Once you are logged in, click on Library and then click on Search.
- Using the various search filter options, locate the book that has the item(s) you wish to review. In the example below, we searched using part of a title: "Stubborn as a Mule and Other Silly Similes." We entered "stubborn as," clicked the Title option, and then clicked on the magnifying glass icon. The book we want is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Click the book to select it; then, click the green Read button.
- Once the book is opened, if the sidebar isn't open on the right side of the page, click the icon on the bottom of the page.
- Click the icon to view the students who are assigned to you. (Note: The list of students may already be visible.) If no students are visible after you click the icon, or if the icon isn't visible, make sure you have students assigned to you in a group or roster.
- Select a student; then, select Start the Book to view the student’s annotations and reading journal.
The Annotations will appear on the book page as in the examples below.
Here is a sticky note example:
Here is an example where the student is using the highlighter tool:
- Once you have finished and you want to stop seeing the student's annotations, click the red X next to the student’s name. You can then select another student name to see that student's annotations, or you can select the original student again to go back.
Note: If you want to delete a student's annotations, select (Tools) at the bottom of the page, then select (Delete). In the popup menu, select what you want to delete and whether you want to delete it from the page or the entire book; then, select Remove.