How to View Student Reading Tools Entries (Faculty)
As a teacher, follow the steps below to view students’ activity in books they've read, including highlighting, annotations, and sticky notes.
If you want to see student reading tools entries for books in a project, you can also select the project, select the reading task, select the student's name, and then select the book title.
- Once you are logged in, click on Library and then click on Search.
- Using the various search filter options, locate the book that has the item(s) you wish to review. In the example below, we searched for the title: "Mountains." The book we want is in the results.
- Click the book to select it; then, click the green Read button.
- Once the book is opened, select Read as Student on the right (or left) side of the page.
You will see a list of students who are assigned to you. If no students are visible after you click the icon, or if the icon isn't visible, make sure you have students assigned to you in a group or roster.
- Select a student; then, select Start the Book to view the student’s annotations and reading journal. (Notice the icon next to the student's name, which indicates the student has made annotations.)
The student's annotations will appear on the book page as in the examples below.
Here is a sticky note example:
Here is an example where the student is using the highlighter tool:
You can edit annotations or add your own to reply to students. In the example below, the teacher replied to a question that the student added.
- Once you have finished and you want to stop seeing the student's annotations, click the Return button at the top of the page. You can then select another student name to see that student's annotations, or you can select the original student again to go back.
Note: If you want to delete a student's annotations, select Tools on the side of the page, then select (Delete Annotations). In the popup menu, select what you want to delete and whether you want to delete it from the page or the entire book; then, select Remove.