How to View Reports (Building Administrator)
As a Building Administrator, you can follow the steps below to access, customize, and generate reports to view your students' data.
The reports in myON measure student reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From your administrator dashboard (main screen), click on My School, then click Reports.
- Choose the Scope. For many reports, you can choose between Students in Building, Students in Grade, Students in Group, My Groups, Faculty Rosters in Building, and All Grades. Some reports let you choose between Students in Building, Students in Group, Students in Faculty Roster, and Students in Grade. The Extended User Activity Report lets you choose Students in Building, Students in Grade, and Students in Group. The Point-in-Time School Summary Report lets you choose All Grades or a single grade.
Select a Date Range for the report if necessary. Note: It can take 24 – 48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This is due to a number of reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
- Students in Building will give you a report that includes every student in your building. Depending on the report, you may see each student’s specific data.
- Students in Grade will show include students in a grade that you select. Depending on the report, you may see each student's data.
- Students in Group will run a report for students in a group that you created from your Building Administrator account. Note: This will not show you groups that teachers have created; the teacher’s groups are only accessible from their own faculty accounts.
- My Groups will give you a total or average (depending on the metric) for all participants in each group you created. You cannot see individual user data in this scope, only group totals.
- Faculty Rosters in Building gives you a total or average (depending on the metric) for each teacher roster. You cannot see individual user data in this scope, only roster totals.
- Students in Faculty Roster lets you generate a report on the roster for one teacher; you will be asked to select the teacher.
- All Grades typically shows you a total or average for each grade. You cannot see individual user data in this scope, only roster totals. For the Point-in-Time School Summary Report, you can also choose a single grade.
Click Run Report on the right side of the page.
The first thing you will see is a Summary for the report. In the top right corner of the Summary box, use the drop-down list (if available) to choose a different visualization of the report, which may allow you to see different data. The options that are available depend on the report that you are viewing.
Below that, you will see the report itself. (The Point-In-Time School Summary shows the summary only.) You can customize how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; click here for more information about goals. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.
For the Point-In-Time School Summary, select Download Report to see a summary by week for all included grades. Select Download Source Data to see a weekly summary for each grade included in the report. (The Download Source Data button is not available if you generate the report for a single grade.)