How to Edit User Information in myON (District Administrator)
The District Administrator can follow the steps below to edit user information, including user names and passwords.
If your district uses Clever or another automated rostering option to synchronize myON students and rosters with your student information system, do not follow these steps to edit user information. Instead, edit users in the source that is synchronized with myON. If you need additional help, contact myON support.
- On the District Administrator dashboard (main page), click My District, then Users.
- Locate and click on the name of the school containing the user whose profile you need to edit.
- On the Users page, enter the first name, last name, or user name of the person whose information you wish to edit. When the user is listed, click on the user's name.
- The user's information will open. If you have selected a student, click the pencil icon. (This is not necessary if you've selected a teacher, specialist, or administrator.)
- Make your change(s) and click Save when finished.
You cannot change the role of an account. The role for the account is set when the account is first created.
However, you can change the SIS ID and user name of the original account, delete that user, and then create a new user with the correct role and the original SIS ID and user name. If you do this, the new user will not have the original user's history, rostering, or projects.
If your school accesses myON through the Renaissance Home page, use your Renaissance user names and passwords to log in, not the ones specified here.
If you log in to myON at myon.com, be sure to use the user names and passwords specified here, not the ones used for other Renaissance software.