How to Edit Groups and Rosters (Building Administrator)
Building Administrators follow the steps below to add or remove a student from a faculty member's roster or from a group.
If your district uses Clever or another automated rostering option to synchronize myON students and rosters with your student information system, do not edit faculty rosters manually. Instead, contact your administrator if you have any changes. You can edit group membership within myON.
- Log into myON as a Building Administrator.
- On the main page (dashboard), click My School, then Rosters/Groups.
- From this view you will see all faculty rosters within your building. Click the name of the faculty roster that you would like to edit.
Note: There is currently no option available to reassign or change the faculty member for an existing roster.
- Next, click on the Assign button in the top right corner of the Roster section of the screen.
- To delete current students assigned to the roster, uncheck the names of the student; then, click Apply.
- A message will open, asking if you are sure you want to remove the student(s). Click Yes.
- To add a student, first find the student. You can search by name, ID, or user name; you can also select a specific grade level using the drop-down list. Names you are searching for always appear at the bottom of the list.
Once you have located the desired student, check the box to the left of the student’s name to add them. When you are finished, click Apply. The student will now be added to the selected faculty members’ roster.
Note: Once the box next to the student's name is checked, the student will continue to appear on the current list. You can then search or use the Grade drop-down list to find other students who need to be added to the roster, without losing the last student(s) added. See the example below.
- Once you have made changes, click the Save button near the top right of the page. If you do not click Save, your changes will not be saved.
To assign or remove students from a group, follow the same steps.
Please note that groups cannot be created for other faculty at the Building Administrator level. Building Administrators can only create their own groups.