How to Create Projects with Lexile® Exam Tasks (Faculty and Specialists)
Faculty and Specialists follow the steps below to create projects that contain Lexile® exam tasks if your license includes Lexile® assessments. (Some licenses include linking Star scores instead; myON Books licenses do not include Lexile® assessments.)
- From the teacher dashboard (main page), click Classroom, then Projects.
- In the upper right-hand part of the screen, click on Create New Project.
- From the Projects screen, enter the title of the project in the Title field. The other fields are optional. In the Add Tasks section, click the + next to Lexile® Exam Task.
- Enter the title of the task in the Title box. Then, click on either the Placement Exam or Benchmark Exam option. (The explanations in the window will help you choose.) Click the red X to exit. Note: Lexile®/Benchmark tasks cannot be edited; if you want to make a change, you must remove the task and add a new one.
- Click Save for the Project. Since the project has not yet been assigned to students, on the My Projects page, it will be in the Inactive Projects section (usually it will be the last project card in that section). The project will be made "active" once it is assigned to at least one student.