How to Assign Students to Rosters (Building Administrator)
Building Administrators follow the steps below to add students to a faculty member's roster. This is necessary if users in your school open myON through the Renaissance Home page; although students who are in Renaissance will automatically be in myON, they aren't automatically added to rosters. These steps are also helpful when a new student joins a roster.
If your district uses Clever or another automated rostering option to synchronize myON students and rosters with your student information system, do not edit faculty rosters manually. Instead, contact your administrator if you have any changes. You can edit group membership within myON.
- Log into myON as a Building Administrator.
- On the main page (dashboard), click My School, then Rosters/Groups.
- From this view you will see all faculty rosters within your building. Click the name of the faculty roster that you want to add students to.
- Next, click the Assign button in the top right corner of the Roster section of the screen.
- In the “Assign students to" window, you can search all the students in the building by name, ID, or user name, or you can use the Grade drop-down list to select a specific grade. To narrow the list by building (if you have access to more than one), click the Building drop-down list and select your school.
- When you find the students you want to assign to the roster, check the box next to their names. When you have finished, click Apply at the bottom of the window to save your changes.
Note: Once the box next to the student's name is checked, the student will continue to appear on the current list. You can then search or use the Grade drop-down list to find other students who need to be added to the roster, without losing the last student(s) added.
- Once you have made changes, click the Save button near the top right of the page. If you do not click Save, your changes will not be saved.
You will return to the list of students on the roster. The students you added will be included.