Account Options under District Administrator Control
The Account Options allow District Administrators to control settings for user management, content, and curriculum.
Follow the steps below to access these options:
- Log in to myON as the District Administrator.
- Click on My District, then Account, and then Account Options.
- You can change any number of options at the same time. Use the radio buttons and fields to change the options. When you have finished, click the Save button (located in the upper right-hand corner).
These options are available:
- Set Lexile® Benchmark Exam Availability: Sets when students can take benchmark exams - any time of day, or between the times you specify on Monday through Friday only.
This setting applies only if your license includes Lexile® Benchmark exams for students. If you have a myON Books license, or if your license includes linking Star Reading scores instead of Lexile® Benchmark exams, the setting does not apply.
- Library Management Privileges: Sets who can manage book availability by setting minimum grade levels for books or by managing book collections.
- Minimum Book Grade Level Scope: Sets whether minimum book grade level restrictions apply everywhere in myON, or only in the myON Library.
- In-District Only Sharing: Sets whether the projects that users in your districts share will be shared only in your district or with all myON users, regardless of district. This setting also determines whether users in your district can see projects created outside your district.
- New User Creation Restriction: Sets who can create new students. If this restriction is enabled, only the district administrator and building administrators can create students; if it is disabled, faculty and specialists can also create students.
- Set your myON school year: Sets your district's start date for the school year. You can use the default (July 1) or a custom date. The date that you enter will be the start of the new school year every year; on that date, students and faculty will begin working in a new school year.