Changing Custom Groups for a Class in the Math Dashboard
In the Math Dashboard, you can view data for Star Benchmark groups. You can also create or change your own groups. Follow these steps to change groups that you have created:
When you have finished and saved your changes, use the link at the top of the page to go back to the Math Dashboard page that you were viewing. In the example below, you would go back to the Math Overview.
- You can go to the Manage Groups page from any Math Dashboard page - simply select Manage Groups in the top right corner of either page. The class that you had selected on the previous page is automatically selected on this page, and the Star data for the class is shown on the graph.
- Select the link after "I am managing groups for." (When you move the mouse over the link, it will change to Edit Selection.)
- In the window that opens, choose the school (if shown), the teacher, and the class. The selections that you need to make depend on your position; teachers typically only need to choose the class to work with.
If you have access to more than one school or teacher, choose one of the options at the top of each column first (All Schools/All Teachers or Select Schools/Select Teachers). If you choose to select schools or teachers, check the ones whose classes you want to see. Then, select the class in the last column.
- Select Apply.
- Use the Group based on drop-down list to choose which groups to view or edit.
Only groups that you can change are listed in the drop-down list. The Benchmark groups are not listed because they cannot be changed.
- Select Edit to the right of the drop-down list.
- Follow the instructions below to change your groups:
After you make changes of any kind, be sure to select Save before you leave the page if you want to save the changes. If you've made changes and you don't want to save them, select Cancel.