What can I do on the Administrator Dashboard?
Who can do this with default capabilities?
The Administrator Dashboard is a feature available with Freckle's Premium Edition. It allows administrators to be involved in the data tracking and assessing of students school-wide. The Administrator Dashboard opens by default when an administrator logs in to Freckle. Administrators can also get to the dashboard from Renaissance by selecting Freckle on the home page:
When going through Renaissance, administrators who also function as teachers will have to choose whether to proceed to Freckle as an administrator or a teacher (which will determine which dashboard they arrive at).
The Dashboard page gives administrators oversight and control over their roster and license utilization:
- Administrators can toggle between the schools they manage, or select an All Schools option from the drop-down list at the top left of the page.
- Administrators can see the total number of records in their Freckle roster, and drill into specific student, teacher, and courses with search and filtering functionality.
- Administrators can sync updated rosters by uploading .csvs into Freckle.
- Administrators can merge duplicate students and remove outdated courses from their roster.
- The ability to see the number of student-licenses purchased and the current license allocation is available in the "Manage Licenses" section.
- Complete teacher control: Admins can enter any teacher's individual teacher dashboard using the blue arrow next to that teacher's name. They can remove any teachers from being affiliated with that particular school by selecting the red X.
- Admins can also invite new teachers at their site to join Freckle at the bottom right of the page.
Growth Data Page
The Growth Data page provides a wealth of data on how students are progressing while using the Freckle program. Admins begin by selecting the subject they want to track, and can then decide whether they want to see an overview of all schools they support or drill down into a specific school (further refining the data by grade, domain, date range, and/or rostering source). Once those options are selected, the page will update to display a number of charts, including:
- Growing versus Struggling students overall
- The average Grade Level Growth
- Growing versus Struggling students by grade
- Average number of questions answered (Growing versus Struggling)
- Average accuracy (Growing versus Struggling)
- Average practice sessions (Growing versus Struggling)
- Average practice in minutes (Growing versus Struggling)
- Growth by School overview
Usage Data Page
The Usage Data page gives administrators a multitude of data on usage by school site. After selecting a school and date range, reports will populate with the following data:
- Total minutes spent practicing across all subjects
- Total sessions across all subjects
- Monthly usage by time spent in subjects (see which subject students spend the most/least time using by month)
- Monthly usage by time spent in practice types (see which practice type students spend the most/least time using by month)
- Monthly usage by sessions in subjects (see the subject on which students complete the most/least sessions by month)
- Monthly usage by sessions in practice types (see the practice type on which students complete the most/least sessions by month)
- Sessions by grade (see which grade levels are using Freckle the most/least often)
- Average total minutes spent per student by grade (see which grade levels are spending the most/least time on Freckle)
- Usage by teacher
Note that administrators can select or deselect any of the subjects/practice types to narrow in on how frequently a particular subject/practice type is used.
Proficiency Data Page
The Proficiency Data page has two primary reports that admins can access (Math Adaptive Grade Level Report and ELA Skills Report). They also have the option to view reports that were pulled in the past by selecting Legacy Report.
The Math Adaptive Grade Level Report gives insight into how each school/grade level/student is performing within a given learning domain on Freckle's adaptive math practice. By allowing administrators to view data at both a high level and drill down into individual students, this report ensures they have the data needed to make decisions that will drive student growth.
Admins begin by selecting the grade level, domain, and school(s) they would like to monitor and the report will automatically populate with the data requested. From there, they can see the average grade level at which each school is performing within that domain, the number of students below/within/above grade level in that domain, and a color chart to give a quick read on how that school is performing within that domain.
Selecting a school with data available will show where each student falls within that domain (Insufficient Data, Below, Within, Above). It will also allow admins to view the data at the teacher level to determine whether PD or teacher planning groups are necessary.
The ELA Skills Report will be coming soon (as of February 2019), and will follow a similar design to the Math Adaptive Grade Level Report.
The Assessments page allows administrators to create grade-level benchmark assessments and push those assessments out to schools/teachers/students. These assessments will be completed by students in the Freckle program, and once completed, can be monitored by admins for student performance on the Assessments page.
The homepage will show the date an assessment was created, the grade for which that assessment was created, the domains it covered, the completion %, and teacher to whose class it was assigned. By selecting See Details, administrators can monitor assessment performance at the class, student, and specific question level.
Overall, the Administrator Dashboard is an extremely useful tool for administrators to stay informed about progress and performance at the school, teacher, and individual student level. The data available can be used to easily isolate next steps and provide recommendations for improvement at any level.