How do Freckle and Clever work together for rostering on my Teacher Home?
Using Freckle in combination with Clever helps keep sign-in consistent for students, and roster management uniform for teachers. Before syncing the two platforms, there are some important implications to take into consideration.
Rostering in Freckle is directly impacted when synced with Clever. If your school or district is using Clever, roster updates are made through Clever, and will be synced every night. If your roster does not reflect the appropriate class information, we recommend reaching out to your Clever Administrator to ensure syncing takes place.
For anyone using Clever with Freckle, we recommend checking out these features to help keep your roster organized:
- Sometimes when Clever and Freckle sync, teachers end up with extra classes in the roster with the same students. On the Freckle roster, you can hide classes that you do not need to use. Select the gear icon for the class roster; then, in the drop-down menu, select Hide class.
- You can create a class and add existing students to that class. This will allow you to rearrange or merge classes that are synced from Clever. The nightly sync will not change your teacher-created classes.
- You can share students with co-teachers in the building. Select the gear icon to the right of the student's name, then select Share/transfer with another teacher. From there, you can share the student with other teachers in your building.
For all users who are synced with Clever, there will be a few features that you will no longer be able to complete on the teacher home:
- Student details in the roster page, such as name and grade level, cannot be manually adjusted. You will still be able to adjust student language, and dashboard settings for the content area.
- You can no longer remove students from the Teacher home manually.
- Student transfers cannot be completed; however, you can still share students with co-teachers.
Any of these changes would be overwritten during the Clever and Freckle sync.
How do I update my school configuration on Freckle?
If your school or district is using Clever, you will need to contact your Clever Administrator to adjust your school configuration in Freckle.