How does Freckle support students with special needs?
Freckle is currently working towards AA level WCAG compliance; however, Freckle already has a number of features that help you accommodate students with special needs:
- The majority of text across Freckle is supported by audio. Teachers can enable audio for all ELA passages on the Support Settings tab of the roster.
- Freckle does not have time limits; students are not required to work at a specific pace in any practice mode. There is a 90-second time limit in the Piggy Store, but on the Support Settings tab of the roster, teachers can disable that limit for any student who might need additional time.
- Teachers can choose which practice modes as well as which Math domains are available to students on the Dashboard Settings tab of the roster. They can also choose to enable foundational practice modes, such as Sight Words or Number Basics, for any student, regardless of their grade level.
- Teachers can also assign differentiated practice in core practice areas, such as Adaptive Math, Fact Practice, ELA Articles and ELA Skills Practice, in order to support all learners’ practice needs.
Student dashboards look the same for all students within a grade, regardless of the level a student may be at in comparison to their peers.
- Both Math and ELA have printable options to accommodate students who may have difficulty with on-screen reading.