Freckle Implementation Ideas
Using Freckle for Homework
Logging in at home is easy. Students can access adaptive practice and assignments at any time with their classroom code and access to a computer.
Set expectations with parents
- If you plan to have your students use Freckle at home, send communication to parents/guardians describing the program and providing log-in instructions.
- Students will need their classroom code to access Freckle. Many teachers write this on student folders, assignment notebooks, or laminated log-in cards to ensure it's always handy. Students can also access Freckle using QR codes at the log-in page.
- For students without computer access at home: Access our Printables collection to print out differentiated worksheets to send home.
Use Freckle adaptive practice or targeted practice
- Ensure students spend their time in a meaningful way by assigning or free choice:
- Adaptive Practice
- ELA Articles
- ELA Skills Practice
- Word Study
- Try Assignments First Mode under Settings and/or edit student dashboard settings on Roster Page
Monitor student progress
- You can track student progress by using the "Assignment Report" and share with parents using the "Report Card."
- Leverage reports as an accountability feature for the students to ensure they were working on the correct practice mode/assignment.