Freckle Implementation Ideas
Using Freckle for Differentiated Practice
How do I reach every student in my classroom at their level?
Display Freckle practice mode chosen for student practice on projector or board (be specific).
- Consider topics for review and topics currently being taught.
- Outline expectations for practice (e.g. Practice adaptively in NBT for 10 minutes). (Note: On average, a student can answer 1 question in 1 minute.)
- Example: Have everyone practice NBT, and it will be at their level (not necessarily their grade level).
Use Activity Feed to monitor students during and post-Freckle practice.
- Select Activity Feed on the teacher home (classroom.freckle.com) and use the filters.
- Select a time frame, subject, and type of practice.
- Short time frames recommended for quick review.
- For differentiated practice, select only the practice assigned.
No computer/tablet access? Use printables (worksheets) instead!
- Math: select a domain, and get a personalized worksheet at each student's practice level. All printables come with Answer Keys for you to ease correcting.
- ELA: Articles are printable with and without answers.
- More info on printables can be found here.
Review reports—inform next instruction!
- "Class Grouping Report"—see where your students are adaptively in math. Click here for more info.
- "Report Card"—see a holistic picture of your student over time. Click here to learn more.
- "ELA Standards Report" (Additional Filters second tab)—see how your students are progressing in ELA Skills practice, Article, and Story practice as well! Click here to learn more.