Freckle Implementation Ideas
Using Freckle for Warm-Ups
Utilize some of our quick practice features for Math or ELA daily warm-ups (e.g. morning bell work any transitional period).
Individualized Math Warm Up Ideas:
These can be useful when pretests have already been completed in Math.
Adaptive Math Practice
- Assign adaptive practice in the domain area of focus or have students self select this domain from their dashboard.
- Have students complete 1–2 sessions of math adaptive practice, with the goal of 80% accuracy.
- Assign a 3 or 5 question targeted assignment on a skill or standard.
Adaptive Fact Practice
- Assign Fact Practice. You can choose the operation area of focus, or have students self-select.
- Have students complete 1–2 sessions of Fact Practice, with the goal of 80% accuracy.
Number Basics Practice (K–2 specific)
- Have students self select Number Basics on their dashboard.
- Have students complete at least 1 session.
Individualized ELA Warm Up Ideas:
Useful when pretests have already been completed in ELA and Word Study.
Adaptive Skills Practice
- Assign ELA Skills Practice for your current skill area of focus (e.g. main idea) or have students self select practice for this skill from their ELA dashboard.
- Have students read and complete the reading passages questions for at least 1 session.
Adaptive Article Reading
- Have students self select an ELA article from their student dashboard (Note: This is a great opportunity for incorporating student choice!).
- Have students read and complete reading comprehension questions for their chosen article with the goal of 80% accuracy (Note: Each article can take about 10 minutes).
Adaptive Word Study Practice
- Assign ELA Word Study practice or have students self select this from their ELA dashboard.
- Have students complete at least 1 session, with the goal of 80% accuracy.