Creating Star Custom Assessments with Science Items
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
You can create a Star Custom assessment that includes items from the bank of science items.
- Select New Custom Assessments on the Renaissance Home page.
- Select Plan Assessment on the Star Custom Home page.
- Follow the instructions for setting up a new plan. When you get to the step where you select the subject you want, select Reading.
- After you select Continue and begin to select skills, select the above the skill cards.
- In the pop-up window, do not enter any keywords; instead, select Other Subject Areas from the drop-down list to the right.
- That selection will highlight the “Other Subject Areas” card—check it, then select Continue at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, select Create your own. This will take you the authoring tool where you can create your own assessments.
By following these steps, when you reach the stage of creating a Star Custom assessment where you find and select assessment items, science items will be available in the list to add to the assessment.
Refer to the help files for the authoring tool for more information about creating your own assessments.