Star Reading Spanish - Extended Question Time Limit Preference
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- District Level Administrators: any student the district
- School Level Administrators: any student in their school
- Teachers: only students in their own classes or groups
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading Spanish (or Reading Assessments in the Star 360 en Español section of the Home page if you are using the Star 360 Suite).
- Select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Edit at the end of the Extended Question Time Limit row.
Extended time limits are longer than the standard time limits. Use them for students with special needs who need more time to read or answer the test questions.
This is the amount of time students have to answer each test question, based on the students' grade and whether they are using standard or extended time limits:
||120 seconds (2m 0s)
||300 seconds (5m 0s)
||90 seconds (1m 30s)
||180 seconds (3m 0s)
Students in all grades get 120 seconds (2m 0s) to answer practice questions (which this preference will extend to 300 seconds (5m 0s)).
Select the shaded section of the "Setting for..." sentence to choose which classes or groups you want to set the Extended Question Time Limit Preference for .
In the window that opens, select a school in the Schools column . (The preference can only be set for one school at a time. School level administrators and teachers who are only assigned to one school will not need to select a school.)
Select a class or group in the Classes and Groups column . (The preference can only be set for one class or group at a time. Teachers will only see their own classes or groups listed.)
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
In the Students column , you have two options :
- Choose All Students to set the preference for all students in the chosen class or group. All the students in the class or group (listed below these options) will be checked.
- Choose Select Students if you want to set the preference only for specific students in the class or group. Check the students you want to set the preference for .
Select Apply to apply your choices, or Cancel to close this window without saving your changes.
The students you chose will be listed on the Extended Question Time Limit page, and described in the "Setting for..." sentence.
For each student, check the Extend question time limit box next to a student's name if you want that student to use the extended question time limits.
Remove the check mark from the box if you do not want that student to use the extended question time limits.
When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.