Editing District Cut Scores (Star Reading Enterprise)
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Level Administrators, District Staff
Editing district cut scores allows you to change the default values of the PR scores used as benchmarks.
The procedure for editing district cut scores begins on the View Benchmarks page. There are two ways to reach the View Benchmarks page—use whichever method you prefer, then go to step 1:
- Click Star Reading on the Home page, then click Enterprise Home.
- On the Star Reading Enterprise Home page, click Benchmarks (below "Benchmark Options" in the Important Features section of the page).
- Click Star Reading on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention
- Click View Benchmarks in the gray sidebar on the left side of the page.
If you can't click on View Benchmarks, the selected school does not have any screening dates. Make sure you see the name of the school you want to work with in the School drop-down list.
In the top section of the View Benchmarks page, click the District tab .
Click Edit Cut Scores .
On the Edit District Cut Scores page, use the drop-down lists to change the PR values that define the categories for the district. The values must be in ascending order from left to right.
There can be from 2–5 categories for district benchmarks (the default number is 4). The values for some categories are automatically calculated based on the scores you choose for the other categories. In the example above (where 4 categories are used), On Watch is automatically calculated as the range of scores between Intervention and At/Above Benchmark. The category that is automatically calculated changes depending on the number of categories used.
The PR values for the categories (along with their default names) are shown here.
- Click Save to save the changes you have made to the cut scores. To exit this page without saving your changes, click Cancel .