Selecting Students for the Ohio Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- District Administrators: any class or group in any school in the district
- School Administrators: any class or group in their own school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
Assigning the assessment is a three-stage process—this page is for the first stage:
- Selecting the students you want to take the assessment and the date they can begin
- Selecting the assessment
- Finalizing the schedule and assigning the assessment
Log in to Renaissance Place.
On the Home page, select Star Reading or Reading Assessments ; in the pop-up menu, select Record Book .
In the Star Reading Record Book, you can use the School and Class or Group drop-down lists to choose which students to assign the assessment to (although you can also choose the students later).
Select Assign Ohio Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment .
On the Select Skills to Assess page, use the sentence at the top of the page to select the class or group you want to assign the assessment to. (If you have already made your choices earlier, skip ahead to the next step).
When you select the class or group, a pop-up window will open:
- District administrators and other personnel assigned to more than one school will need to select schools in the Schools column .
- Choose Select Schools at the top and then check individual schools to select them, or select All Schools to select all the available schools at once.
- School administrators and other personnel assigned to only one school will not need to select a school.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- The default option is to assign the assessments to classes and groups. If you would rather assign the assessment for all students in a grade, select the CLICK HERE link under the columns. This changes the second column from Classes and Groups to Grades:
Select the link again to switch back to Classes and Groups.
- If you are assigning the assessment to classes and groups, check the classes and groups you want in the Classes column and Groups column.
- You can select more than one class or group.
- Teachers planning for classes and groups will only see their own classes and groups.
- If you are assigning the assessment to all students in a grade, choose the grade (3) you want to assign the plan to in the Grades column.
- You can only select one grade.
- Teachers will only be assigning the lesson plan to their own students who are in third grade.
- Once you have made your choices, select Apply to save them, or Cancel to close the pop-up window without saving your changes.
Choose the date range you want students to take the assessment during .
You can choose one of the standard weekly time frames or custom dates .
If you choose to use custom dates, you can either type the start and end dates ( and ) or select them from the calendars that open as you click in each field . You can choose a range of dates as short as one day or as long as 3 weeks.
When you're done, select Continue (or Cancel if you decide not to use custom dates).
If you need to create or edit student groups, select Manage Groups in the upper-right corner of the page. You will go to the Manage Groups page. (If you have selected multiple classes/groups, the Manage Groups function will not be available.)
Once you have finished selecting classes/groups and assessment dates, select the magnifying glass; in the pop-up window that opens above the magnifying glass, choose Select an assessment....
In the Select an Assessment window, choose Select after Ohio Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment.
After you choose Select, you will go to the Choose Your Assessment page.