Star Reading - Preferences Page
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading (or Reading Assessments in the Star 360 section of the Home page if you are using the Star 360 Suite).
- Select Preferences.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- District Level Administrators: any class in any school in the district
- School Level Administrators: any class in their school
- Teachers: any of their own classes
On this page, you can choose one of the preferences to set for Star Reading:
District Preferences (set for all classes or groups in the district)
- Ohio Third Grade Reading Proficiency Assessment: Determines if schools in the district can administer the Renaissance Third Grade Proficiency Assessment for Ohio (set only by District Level Administrators in Ohio).
- Enterprise Tests: Determines which type of Star Reading tests can be administered in the district (Star Reading or Star Reading Enterprise).
School Preferences (set for all classes or groups in a school)
- Lexile® Measures: Determines whether the Lexile® Measure and/or Lexile® Range will be included when viewing student test data.
Class Preferences (set for entire classes or groups)
- Password Requirement: Determines whether a monitor password needs to be entered before a student can begin taking a test.
- Monitor Password: Determines what the monitor password is.
- Enterprise Tests: Determines which type of Star Reading tests can be administered to students in a class or group (Star Reading or Star Reading Enterprise).
Student Preferences (set for individual students)
Select Edit at the end of the row for a preference to set it .
If you (or members of your user group) are not permitted to edit Star Reading preferences, you can still view the preference settings: the Edit link at the end of the row will say View instead.
Make sure to check preference settings when you are setting up a new school year.
The preferences for Star Reading do not affect Star Custom.
To leave this page, select Back .