Star Math Spanish - Audio Preference
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Math Spanish (or Math Assessments under Star 360 en Español if you are using the Star 360 Suite).
- Select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Edit at the end of the Audio row.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- District Level Administrators: any class or group in any school in the district
- School Level Administrators: any class or group in their school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
Use this preference for students whose reading ability is not as strong as their math ability (to the extent that not being able to read questions is affecting their score). Students should use headphones when taking a Star Math Spanish test with audio.
Select the shaded section of the "Setting for..." sentence to choose which classes or groups you want to set the Audio Preference for .
In the window that opens, select a school in the Schools column . (The preference can only be set for one school at a time. School level administrators and teachers who are only assigned to one school will not need to select a school.)
Select a class or group in the Classes and Groups column . (The preference can only be set for one class or group at a time. Teachers will only see their own classes or groups listed.)
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
In the Students column , you have two options :
- Choose All Students to set the preference for all students in the chosen class or group. All the students in the class or group (listed below these options) will be checked.
- Choose Select Students if you want to set the preference only for specific students in the class or group. Check the students you want to set the preference for .
Select Apply to apply your choices, or Cancel to close this window without saving your changes.
The students you chose will be listed on the page, and described in the "Setting for..." sentence.
For each student, check the Audio enabled box next to a student's name if you want that student to use audio during an assessment.
Remove the check mark from the box if you do not want that student to use audio during an assessment.
When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.
If any students are taking the test using audio, make sure the computer or tablet has a set of headphones plugged in and that the volume is set so the student can hear the audio clearly without disturbing other students.
Setting this preference in Star Math Spanish also affects the Audio Preference setting in Star Math.