Instructional Planning - Student Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Instructional Planning - Student Report provides teachers with a list of suggested skills for individual instruction based on a student's most recent Star Math Enterprise assessment. (The Instructional Planning - Class Report does this for classes or groups.)
This report only includes Star Math Enterprise tests, not Star Math tests.
The report will indicate if any students took a test using audio, with a footnote explanation.
Method 1—From the Star Math Reports page
- Click Star Math on the Home page, then click Reports.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- Click Instructional Planning - Student on the Select Report page.
Method 2—From the Star Math Enterprise Home Page
- Click Star Math on the Home page, then click Enterprise Home.
- Select your school in the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- Click Student below "Instructional Planning" in the Enterprise Reports section of the page.
- Select the options you want to customize for this report on
the Report Options page. When you customize this report, you can choose
Use the drop-down list to choose all the students in a specific class, or click Students, Classes, or Groups to choose specific students, classes, or groups.
"Groups" refers to groups of students that have been created specifically for reporting purposes.
- When selecting specific students, you will see a checklist of all students enrolled in Star Math classes. Check each student you want on the report, or check the Student box at the top of the column to select all of them.
- When selecting specific classes, you will see a checklist of all Star Math classes. Check each class you want on the report, or check the Class box at the top of the column to select all of them.
- When selecting specific groups, you will see a checklist of all student groups in Star Math classes. Check each group you want on the report, or check the Group box at the top of the column to select all of them.
Once the desired students, classes, or groups have been selected and saved, you will return to the Report Options page.
Choose which benchmark will be used for report calculations: the School Benchmark, the District Benchmark, or the state benchmark (if there is an existing linking study for your state).
The Show Projected Growth option predicts how much growth you can expect from students by a target date based on their Star Math Enterprise assessments to date. Use this option to choose your target date:
- End of Year: This is the default setting, which uses the last day of your Renaissance Place school year as the date.
- Custom Date: Enter a date in the blank field, or use the calendar button to choose one.
- Do not show: The predicted growth will not be included on the report.
Choose whether to use the trend score or the student's actual Scaled Score from the most recent test to determine the student's suggested skills.
Use this option to print a list of the options you've chosen on the report. If you decide to run the report again at a later date, you can refer to this list of options to make sure you're using the same ones.
- Click View Report when
you are finished choosing options.
- Star Math will generate the report. When it's ready, the
report will open in Adobe Reader, or your default PDF reader.
Note: After you've finished
looking at the report, you can click
- Select a Different Report to begin creating another report,
- Customize this Report
to reprint this report with different options, or
- Enter Core Progress Learning
Progression to see definitions, skill prerequisites, and examples
to help you with instructional planning.