Instructional Planning - Class Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If no classes or groups have been set up yet, you will not be able to print an Instructional Planning - Class Report.
The Instructional Planning - Class Report provides teachers with a list of suggested skills students may be ready to learn for class or group instruction based on the most recent Star Math Enterprise assessment. (The Instructional Planning - Student Report does this for individual students.)
This report only includes Star Math Enterprise tests, not Star Math tests.
The report will indicate if any students took a test using audio.
Printing an Instructional Planning - Class Report is a two-stage process:
- In the first stage, you choose some preliminary options
to select the data that will be used in the actual report. You will
be given an opportunity to preview the report with the selected data,
and you can change the selection before proceeding.
- In the second stage, you choose additional options
which determine how the data will be arranged in the report.
Method 1—From the Star Math Reports page
- Click Star Math on the Home page, then click Reports.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- Click Instructional Planning - Class on the Select Report page.
Method 2—From the Star Math Enterprise Home Page
- Click Star Math on the Home page, then click Enterprise Home.
- Select your school in the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- Click Class below "Instructional Planning" in the Enterprise Reports section of the page.
- The table at the bottom of the Instructional Report Groupings page shows the data that will be used to create the report. You can change the data that will be used by choosing some preliminary options at the top of the page:
Use the Teacher and the Class or Group drop-down lists to choose a specific class or group of students you want to show on the report. This option is similar to the "Select Students or Select Specific Students
| Classes | Groups" option on other reports, except that a teacher must be selected first, and the class or group must be one that belongs to that teacher.
The Teacher drop-down list is only available to district level administrators, district staff, school level administrators, and school staff; teachers can only create this report for their own classes.
Choose which benchmark will be used for report calculations: the School Benchmark, District Benchmark, or State Benchmarks (if there is an existing linking study for your state).
Select Legend to see a key for the available benchmarks.
If the State Benchmark is chosen, but some of the students are in a grade that doesn't have a state linking study:
- None of the students on the Instructional Report Groupings page will have their Percentile Ranks shown; only the Scaled Scores will be shown.
- Students in the non-linked grades will have no color-coding to indicate which cut score category they belong to (the squares will be white).
Enter a testing end date, either by typing one in or using the calendar button. Assessment results on Star Math tests taken between this date and 30 days prior to this date will be used when printing this report.
- Click Update to see how the options you've chosen affect the data in the table at the bottom of the Instructional Report Groupings page.
- If there are more than 50 students in the table, it will be broken to multiple pages; to move between pages, select << Previous or Next >> .
Initially, the number of Instructional Groups shown will match the number of available benchmarks; use the Instructional Groups drop-down list to change the number shown (from 2–5).
Assign students to instructional groups by selecting the circle at the intersection of a row with the student's name and the column for a group.
Students who have no Star Math Enterprise assessment data for the time period chosen will appear at the bottom of the table as Unassigned.
- You can see a preview of the report as it would appear with only these preliminary options chosen.
- To skip the preview, click Next > .
- To see the preview, click Preview Report .
After you've finished looking at the preview of the report, either
- Click Return to Instructional Report Groupings to change the preliminary options you've chosen, or
- Click Customize this Report to view the report (go to step 4).
- On the Report Options page, select View Report to see the report.
- Star Math will generate the report. When it's ready, the report will open in Adobe Reader, or your default PDF reader.
Note: After you've finished looking at the report, you can click
- Select a Different Report to choose a different report, or
- Customize this Report to reprint this report with different options.