Star Math - Test Type Preference
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Math (or Math Assessments under Star 360 if you are using the Star 360 Suite).
- Select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Edit at the end of the Test Type row.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- District Level Administrators: any class or group in any school in the district
- School Level Administrators: any class or group in their own school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
Use this preference to select the type of questions a student in grades 7–12 will be given on the Star Math test: the default "Enterprise" combination of math/algebra/geometry questions, algebra questions only, or geometry questions only.
Although this preference can be set for classes or groups of students in mixed grades, it will not affect any students in those classes or groups who are in grades 6 or lower—they will receive the default "Enterprise" combination of math/algebra/geometry questions.
Select the shaded section of the "Setting for..." sentence to choose which classes or groups you want to set the Test Type Preference for .
In the window that opens, select a school in the Schools column . (The preference can only be set for one school at a time. School level administrators and teachers who are only assigned to one school will not need to select a school.)
In the Classes and Groups column , you have two options:
- Choose All Classes and Groups to apply the same preference setting to all classes and groups that are listed.
- Choose Select Classes and Groups if you want to set this preference only for specific classes and groups in this list. Select the classes and groups you want the preference to apply to .
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
Select Apply to apply your choices, or Cancel to close this window without saving your changes.
The classes and groups you chose will be listed on the Test Type page, and described in the "Setting for..." sentence.
For each class or group, select Enterprise, Algebra, or Geometry to determine what type of questions students in that class or group will see on a test.
When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.