Setting a Default Benchmark: School Level Administrators and School Staff
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Level Administrators, School Staff
The default benchmark is the benchmark that is used throughout Star Early Literacy. In some places (such as the Screening Report options), you are allowed to choose different benchmarks to use—if no choice is shown, the default benchmark will be used.
District level administrators and district staff can either choose the default benchmark, which will apply to all schools in the district, or allow school level administrators and school staff to choose their own benchmark, which will only apply in their own school.
The following instructions assume that you are a school level administrator or school staff member, and that a district level administrator or district staff member has given you the option to choose the default benchmark for your own school.
The procedure for setting default benchmarks starts on the View Benchmarks page. There are two ways to reach the View Benchmarks page—use whichever method you prefer, then go to step 1:
- Click Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then click Enterprise Home.
- On the Star Early Literacy Enterprise Home page, click Benchmarks (below "Benchmark Options" in the Important Features section of the page).
- Click Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention.
- Click View Benchmarks in the gray sidebar on the left side of the page.
If you can't click on View Benchmarks, the selected school does not have any screening dates. Make sure you see the name of the school you want to work with in the School drop-down list.
- On the View Benchmarks page, click Edit Default Benchmark .
If the Edit Default Benchmark link is not shown, you do not have permission to edit default benchmarks.
- On the Set Default Benchmark page, choose one of the benchmarks listed to serve as the default:
School benchmarks: All grades in your school will use the school benchmark as the default.
District benchmark: The district benchmark will be the default for all grades in your school. If some schools in the district do not have an Enterprise subscription, the district benchmark will not be used for those schools.
- Click Save to save your changes, or click Cancel to leave this page without saving changes.