Editing School Cut Scores
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
Editing school cut scores allows you to change the default values of the PR scores used as benchmarks.
The procedure for editing school cut scores starts on the View Benchmarks page. There are two ways to reach the View Benchmarks page—use whichever method you prefer, then go to step 1:
- Click Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then click Enterprise Home.
- On the Star Early Literacy Enterprise Home page, click Benchmarks (below "Benchmark Options" in the Important Features section of the page).
- Click Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention.
- Click View Benchmarks in the gray sidebar on the left side of the page.
If you can't click on View Benchmarks, the selected school does not have any screening dates. Make sure you see the name of the school you want to work with in the School drop-down list.
In the top section of the View Benchmarks page, click the School tab .
Use the School drop-down list to select which school's cut scores to edit. Note: School level administrators and school staff can only edit cut scores for their own school.
Click Edit Cut Scores .
On the Edit School Cut Scores page, use the drop-down lists in the row for a grade to change the PR values that define the categories for that grade. The values must be in ascending order from left to right.
In this example (where 4 categories are used), On Watch is automatically calculated as the range of scores between Intervention and At/Above Benchmark. The category that is automatically calculated changes depending on the number of categories used; see the diagram below.
There can be from 2–5 categories for school benchmarks (the default number is 4). The values for some categories are automatically calculated based on the scores you choose for the other categories. The PR values for the categories (along with their default names) are shown here.
- Click Save to save the changes you have made. To exit this page without saving your changes, click Cancel.