Summary Dashboard Help
Opening the Summary Dashboard
On the Home page, select Summary Dashboard under Dashboards and Reporting.
Who Can See the Summary Dashboard?
You must have a current subscription for at least one of the products that appear on the Summary Dashboard (Accelerated Math, Accelerated Reader, MathFacts in a Flash, or Star Early Literacy and/or Star Reading) in order to access the Dashboard.
District users will see the Summary Dashboard button when at least one of these products is available for one or more schools in their district.
School users will see the Summary Dashboard button when at least one of these products is available for one or more schools they are assigned to.
Teachers will see the Summary Dashboard button when at least one of these products is available for one or more schools they are assigned to and they are a teacher for at least one class with that product.
What Is Included in the Summary Dashboard
For Accelerated Reader
- Success Index: Percent of students who averaged at least 85% on Reading Practice quizzes in the last 30 days.
- Participation: Percent of students who took at least one Reading Practice Quiz in the last 30 days.
- Engaged Time: An estimate of the number of minutes per day that students were actively engaged in reading practice during the school year to date.
At least 15% of the students in a reporting group must have either a Star Reading score or a Star Early Literacy score before Engaged Time for Accelerated Reader can be calculated; this is also true for the district's Engaged Time for Accelerated Reader. If any of the students in the reporting group have both Star Reading and Star Early Literacy scores, the Star Reading score is used. To obtain the most accurate Engaged Time results for the reporting group, we recommend administering Star Reading or Star Early Literacy tests to all of your students.
- Totals: Books read and words read in the school year to date based on passed Reading Practice Quizzes.
For Accelerated Math
- Success Index: Percent of students who averaged at least 85% on tests in the last 30 days.
- Participation: Percent of students with at least one assignment scored in the last 30 days.
- Engaged Time: An estimate of the number of minutes per day that students were actively engaged in learning and practicing math during the school year to date.
- Totals: Objectives mastered and tests scored based on regular and diagnostic tests.
For MathFacts in a Flash
- Benchmarks: Percent of students that have mastered the benchmark level for their grade out of all those in MathFacts in a Flash classes.
- Totals: Levels mastered and facts practiced based on all practices and tests taken.
For Star Learning to Read
Star Learning to Read gets its metrics data from Star Early Literacy and/or Star Reading, whichever the school or district is using. At least one of these products must be in use in order to see Star Learning to Read metrics (Probable Readers and Participation).
- Probable Readers: Percent of K-3 students who have a Grade Equivalent (GE) score of 1.9 or higher. (Grade Equivalent scores range from 0.0-12.9+. They represent how a student's test performance compares with that of other students nationally.)
- Participation: Percent of K-3 students who took at least one Star Early Literacy test or Star Reading test during the school year to date.
How Often Is Dashboard Data Updated?
The Totals metrics are updated periodically between 3 P.M. and 6 P.M. CST. All other data is updated nightly (including any custom views you've added to the Dashboard).
Choosing Which Products to View on the Dashboard
If you don't want to see all of your products on the Summary Dashboard, follow these steps to choose which ones to view. (The settings have no effect on any custom charts that you have added.)
- Select the Settings button () in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the settings, check or uncheck the products as needed. Checked products will be shown no the Dashboard; those that aren't checked won't be shown.
Notice that the settings also include a check box for opening the Summary Dashboard automatically whenever you log in to Renaissance Place.
Getting Details and Customizing
Select one of the Dashboard panels for a product (Success Index, Participation, Engaged Time, Benchmarks, Probable Readers, or Totals) to see details or to choose how you want to view information. For example, for Accelerated Reader, you could select the Participation panel shown below.
You will see a graph and options for the information you'd like to see. Select to see a definition of the metric and a list of related reports.
You can also choose a timeframe, group (such as a district or school), and how to view information (a summary, by teachers, by grades, etc.).
Select Add Chart if you want to put a copy of this view on the Dashboard.
To print the chart, select , then choose Print chart. This option is not available on some tablet devices.
Select Cancel to leave the window.
Rearranging the Dashboard
To move one of the summaries, select the blue, green, or purple bar at the top of it and drag the summary.
If you've added custom views to the Dashboard, you can move them. Changes to window positions are saved when you log out of Dashboard or return to Renaissance Place.
Select to change custom views. After making your changes, select Update Chart.
Select to remove the view from the Dashboard.
Accelerated Reader Points
Points are part of the Engaged Time calculation. To view points information, see the Accelerated Reader reports.
Accelerated Math Objectives Mastered
To see this information, view the Totals metric in the Accelerated Math Summary.
MathFacts in a Flash
Benchmarks can be set per grade per school in the MathFacts in a Flash software. Percentages are calculated based on all students in MathFacts in a Flash classes.
When you view data by grade, grades that have no students enrolled in Accelerated Math, Accelerated Reader, or MathFacts in a Flash classes will not be shown. For Star Learning to Read metrics, grades will not be shown that have no students enrolled in either Star Early Literacy classes or Star Reading classes.
Going Back to the Renaissance Place Home page
Select to go back to the Renaissance Place Home page.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Email your Dashboard question to email@example.com.