Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
Follow these steps to view student information. Teachers can view information for students in their classes. School personnel can view information for all students in the school. District personnel can view information for all students in the district.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Students.
- Use the School drop-down list (if available) to choose all schools, the student's school, or students who are not enrolled in a school. If you are looking for a student who seems to already be in the software but who is not found when you search in your school, try searching for students who are not enrolled in a school.
- Choose a grade from the drop-down list or leave All selected.
- Choose a class from the drop-down list, or choose to search for students enrolled in any class, those not enrolled in a class, or all students. (You can only select a specific class if you are searching in a specific school.)
- If you want to find a specific student, enter the student's first name, last name, ID, and/or user name. You do not need to enter the entire name or ID; the software can find partial matches. If you leave the name, ID, and user name blank, you will find all students who meet the other criteria that you have selected.
- Select Search.
- The students who matched your search will be listed below the buttons.
Things to note:
If you have more than 50 results, the list will be split, and you will see only the first 50 results. Select and (to the right above the list) to see the next or previous group of results. You can also select to go to the last page of results or to go to the first page.
For students enrolled in a school and classes, the Class Enrollment tab will show the students' IDs, school, and classes. The Passwords tab will show their IDs, grades, user names, and passwords. (If you want to see birth dates, select View PDF on the Passwords tab.)
Note: If you searched for students who are not enrolled in any class, you won't see the two tabs. The search results list will simply include the students' school, grade, and ID. You can select a student's name to enroll the student in classes.
You can print the information from the Class Enrollment or Passwords tabs or a list of unenrolled students by selecting to the right. If you have more than 50 results, note that you are only printing the results you are viewing now; use the arrows above the list to see more of the results if you want to print those as well.
On the Passwords tab, you can select View PDF instead to print the full list of students in the search results. You can also choose how to group and sort the results. After selecting the link, choose your options, then select View Report. To save or print the list, use the Adobe Reader buttons. If you try to use the browser's print function instead, only the top of the page will print. In Adobe Reader X or XI, the Adobe Reader buttons may be hidden until you move the mouse over the bottom center of the document or press F8.
- If the student names are links, select the links to see more of the student's information or to change the student's information and enrollment. If the student is enrolled in more than one school, the student's name is marked with an asterisk and is listed more than once; select the student's name for the school where you want to view information.
If no students matched your search in the selected school, you will be shown any matching results from other schools under "See also." Select a student name to go to that student's information.