Unenrolling Students from Classes
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Students.
A school administrator can only unenroll students from classes in the administrator's school.
- Use the School drop-down list (if available) to choose all schools or a specific school. Do not choose Students Not Enrolled in a School; only students enrolled in a school can have class enrollments.
- Choose a grade from the drop-down list or leave All selected.
- Choose a class from the drop-down list or choose to search for students in any class, those not enrolled in a class, or all students. (You can only select a specific class if you are searching in a specific school.)
- If you want to find a specific student, enter the student's first name, last name, ID, and/or user name. You do not need to enter the entire name or ID; the software can find partial matches.
- Select Search.
- The students who matched your search will be listed below the buttons. Select the student's name. (If the list is long, you may only see a part of the list; to move forward and back in the list, you can select and .)
Note: If the student is in more than one school, the student will be listed twice with an asterisk next to his/her name. Select the student's name for the school for which you want to unenroll the student from classes.
- On the Student Information page, select the Class Enrollment tab.
- The Class Enrollment tab lists the classes in which this student is already enrolled. Select Unenroll in the row for the class that you want to remove this student from. The class will be removed from the list.
- To finish unenrolling the student, select Save. If you decide not to save your changes, select Cancel instead.