Star Summary Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
The Star Summary Report is a Consolidated report that summarizes scores for one Renaissance Place Star product that is installed on the server and registered by at least one school. You can print this report for Star Reading, Star Math, or Star Early Literacy.
When you print the Star Summary Report, you must choose the students to include. You can also choose the reporting parameter group, which allows you to select students with a specific ethnicity, language, gender, characteristic, or grade or students who were enrolled in their schools before a date you specify. You can choose the Star product to include, the reporting period, the grouping options, and whether to include the mean or the median. As you choose these options, you can go back and choose previous options by selecting one of the links on the left side of the page.
- If you see the link shown below on the Home page, under Dashboards and Reporting, select Consolidated Reports.
- Select Star Summary.
- If you want to narrow the group further, you can choose a reporting parameter group from the drop-down list or create a new group by selecting Create New or Edit Selected. Reporting parameter groups allow you to select students with a specific ethnicity, gender, language, characteristic, or grade or students who were enrolled in their schools before a specific date.
- The options that are available to you depend on the available data and your role in the program. If you select a school name, you will see the teachers or classes listed. You can select Teachers or Classes to choose what to view. If you're viewing teachers, you can then select a teacher name to see that teacher's classes.
- Click Select next to the district, school, teacher, or class that you want to include in the report.
- After you click Select next to a group, the Select 1 Product page will open. Choose the Star product that you want to include in the report. The list includes products that on your site and registered by at least one school. When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
On the left side of most pages in the wizard, you will see a sample report. If you want to see a larger version of the sample, select it.
To go back, select < Back at any point in this procedure, or select one of the links in the gray bar on the left side of the page.
Although kindergarteners can take Star Math tests, data for kindergarteners has not been norm-referenced. Therefore, on this report, no values will be shown for Percentile Rank (PR), Percentile Rank Range, and/or Normal Curve Equivalents (NCE) for kindergarteners.
- Next, you will be asked to select one reporting period. When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
- Use the Group by drop-down list to choose whether to group by school, grade, teacher, or class.
- If you chose a school on the Select Students page, then choosing School in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- If you chose the district on the Select Students page, then choosing District in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- After choosing the grouping option, use the Then list drop-down list to choose which items you want to list within each group.
- Next, choose one of the Sort options . You can sort information alphabetically, by rank from lowest to highest, or by rank from highest to lowest.
- You must also select the Percentile Rank ranges (Star Reading or Star Math) or the literacy skills classifications (Star Early Literacy) that you want to include in the report. Check the box for each range or classification that you want to include.
- When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
- The next page will list the information you've chosen to include on the report. Choose whether to include the mean (average) or median (middle) scores by selecting one of the options below the reporting data.
Means and medians will not be displayed for Star Early Literacy-- Literacy Skills Classification.
If you want a list of all the options you have chosen for this report to be included on the report, check the Print selected report options on the report box.
- Select View Report.
- The Report Progress page will open while the report is being generated. Then, the report will open in a separate window. Use the options in your PDF reader to save or print the report.