Editing School Enrollment for One Student
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
With the default capabilities, district administrators and district staff can assign students to any school. School administrators can enroll or remove students from their own school.
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Students.
- If the student is already enrolled in a school, use the School drop-down list to choose the student's school or all schools. If not, choose Students Not Enrolled in a School.
- Choose a grade from the drop-down list or leave All selected.
- In the Class drop-down list, choose a specific class, or choose to search for students in any class, those not in a class, or all students. You can only select a specific class if you are searching in a specific school.
- To find a specific student, enter the student's first name, last name, ID, and/or user name. You do not need to enter the entire name or ID; the software can find partial matches.
- Select Search.
- The students who matched your search will be listed. Select the student's name. (If the list is long, you may need to select and to move forward and back through the list.)
Note: If the student is in more than one school, it does not matter which school you select the student's name for.
- On the Student Information page, select the School Enrollment tab.
- The student's current school(s) will be listed on the top of the tab. If you want to remove the student from a school, select Unenroll in the row for that school. (See the first table in the example above.)
If you want to enroll this student in another school, find the school in the list below the buttons on the page. Select Enroll in the row for that school. The school will be added to the list at the top of the tab. (If you are a school administrator, only your school is listed; see the yellow note above about the drop-down list on the Home page if you are assigned to more than one school.)
- When you have finished changing the student's school enrollment, select Save. If you decide not to save your changes, select Cancel instead.