Recovering Student Records
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If students' records were permanently removed during the Editing Multiple Students procedure, you can still recover them during a 30-day grace period. Once this 30-day period has passed, the records can no longer be recovered. This procedure does not apply to students that have been deleted.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Recover Student Records on the Personnel, Students, and Parents page.
- On the Recover Student Records page, search for the student(s) whose records you want to restore. Enter any combination of first name, last name, ID, and grade in the fields at the top of the page. To find all students whose records have been permanently removed, leave the fields blank and the Grade drop-down list at its default setting (All grades).When you have your search criteria entered, select Search.
- In the search results, select Recover at the end of the row for a student to recover that student's records. Select Recover All Students to recover all the students records found by the search.
Note: After a student record has been permanently removed, the ID and/or user name from that record can be used for another student.
To search for more students, select Search and go back to step 3. When you are finished recovering student records, select Done.
- If, as a result of reuse, a recovered student has the same ID as another student, the recovered student will be given a new ID; both student records will become candidates for possible merging. Select Merge Candidates.
- If the recovered student and another student both have the same user name as a result of reuse, the recovered student will be given a new user name, which you can change if you wish by editing the student's information.