Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
Students who were deleted (but not permanently) and those who are not enrolled in any school can be made active again by following these steps.
These steps are useful when you are trying to add a student whose ID or name already exists, indicating that the student is already in the database but is not active.
If you are a school administrator and you have access to more than one school, choose the school to work with before following these steps since you can only activate students in the selected school. On the Home page, select your name at the top of the page; then, choose Change Role from the menu that opens. You can then select a school.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Students.
- On the View Students page, in the School drop-down list (top left), choose Students Not Enrolled in a School. Then, enter other information that may help you find the student (such as name, ID, user name). Select Search.
- The students who matched your search will be listed below the buttons. Select the student's name.
- On the Student Information page, you will be on the School Enrollment tab. In the list on this tab, find a school to enroll the student in. Select Enroll in the row for that school.
- The school will be added to the list at the top of the tab. Select Save. The student will be active in the software once again.