Customizable Ranking Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Customizable Ranking Report shows how students in each group did on selected assessments in the reporting periods you selected. It also ranks scores from highest to lowest or lowest to highest.
When you print the Customizable Ranking Report, you must choose the students to include. You can also choose a reporting parameter group, which allows you to select students with a specific ethnicity, language, gender, characteristic, or grade or students who were enrolled in their schools before a date you specify. You must choose the products or external sources to include, the subjects, the score categories, the reporting periods, the column layout and grouping and ranking options, and whether to include the mean or the median. As you choose these options, you can go back and change your previous choices by selecting one of the links on the left side of the page.
- If you see the link shown below on the Home page, under Dashboards and Reporting, select Consolidated Reports.
- Select Customizable Ranking.
If you want to narrow the group further, you can choose a reporting parameter group from the drop-down list or create a new group by selecting Create New or Edit Selected. Reporting parameter groups allow you to select students with a specific ethnicity, gender, language, characteristic, or grade or students who were enrolled in their schools before a specific date.
The options that are available to you depend on the available data and your role in the program. If you select a school name, you will see the teachers or classes listed. You can select Teachers or Classes to choose what to view. If you're viewing teachers, you can then select a teacher name to see that teacher's classes.
Check the box for each Renaissance Place product or external source that you want to include in the report. (You can select up to three products or sources.)
The list includes products that are on your site and registered by the district or at least one school. It also includes data from external sources (such as standardized tests) that Renaissance Learning may have imported for you.
When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
On the left side of most pages in the wizard, you will see a sample report. If you want to see a larger version of the sample, select it.
To go back, select < Back at any point in this procedure, or select one of the links in the gray bar on the left side of the page.
Subjects are listed under the name of each included Renaissance Place product or external source. For products that only address one subject, that subject is already checked, and the check mark cannot be removed.
To select an additional subject from another product or source, check the box for each subject.
When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
Check the box for each score category that you want to include.
- For definitions of Star scores, click one of these links:
Although kindergarteners can take Star Math tests, data for kindergarteners has not been norm-referenced. Therefore, on this report, no values will be shown for Percentile Rank (PR), Percentile Rank Range, and/or Normal Curve Equivalents (NCE) for kindergarteners.
After choosing the score categories, select Next >.
You can select reporting periods for each score category included in the report. To do this, check the box next to each reporting period. When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
This page lists the products or external sources that you chose to include in the report.
- For each product or other source, use the drop-down list to choose the column number that you want that product or source to appear in. For example, if you chose Star Reading and Star Math, and you wanted Star Reading to appear first, you would choose Column 1 for Star Reading and Column 2 for Star Math. Select Reorder to update the list of products or sources to match the column order you have chosen.
- Next, use the Group by drop down list to choose whether to group by school, grade, teacher, or class.
- If you chose a school on the Select Students page, then choosing School in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- If you chose the district on the Select Students page, then choosing District in this drop-down list will mean the students will not be grouped.
- After choosing the grouping option, use the Then list drop-down list to choose which items you want to list within each group. You can also choose whether to sort information alphabetically , from highest to lowest rank, or from lowest to highest rank.
- When you're ready to continue, select Next >.
- The Report Progress page will open while the report is being generated. Then, the report will open in a separate window. Use the options in your PDF reader to save or print the report.