How Parents Request Access to Renaissance Place
By following the steps below, parents can request access to Renaissance Place. Parents can only follow these steps if they have the web address for the Renaissance Place site.
- Select I'm a Parent on the Renaissance Place start page.
- Select Request Parent/Guardian Access on the parent login page.
- The Request Parent/Guardian Access Information page will open. Fill in the information.
- Type your first and last name in the appropriate blank fields ( below). (You can use the Tab key to move more quickly from one field to the next.) The salutation and middle initial are optional.
- Next, enter an email address so that the school or district can use it to send information if necessary.
- The form may include a security question to help the school or district confirm that the parent is really the person filling out this form. If so, you must answer the question. (Administrators can require this question to be asked on the form.)
- Finally, you must identify all of your children who may be using the software.
- First, use the Number of Children drop-down list to choose the correct number of children. This will tell the software how many children you need to enter on this form.
- Then, type the first and last name for each child in the appropriate blank fields. (The middle initial is optional.)
- For each child, you must also use the Parent/Guardian Relationship drop-down list to choose your relationship to the child.
When you've finished filling out the form, and you're ready to send it to the school or district, select Save to send the form. If you decide not to send the form at this time, select Cancel instead.
The next page will show you the information you've entered. Select Done.
District administrators can view parent access requests and decide whether to grant parents access to Renaissance Place. To grant a parent access:
- If you included a security access question, make sure the answer is correct.
- Add the parent to the software.
- Assign the parent's children to the parent.
- Send the parent his or her user name and password so the parent can log in.
- View the parent access requests again and clear any requests that you have answered.
Parents who gain access to the software can see the following reports when they log in:
- School-to-Home Report (Renaissance Place)
- Star Reading Parent Report in English or Spanish
- Star Early Literacy Parent Report in English or Spanish
- Star Math Parent Report in English or Spanish
- Accelerated Reader Goals and Points page
- Accelerated Reader Student Record Report
- Accelerated Reader Vocabulary List Report
- Accelerated Math Live Parent Report in English or Spanish
- Accelerated Math Live Student Record Report
- MathFacts in a Flash Parent Report in English or Spanish
- MathFacts in a Flash Student Record Report
Some of these reports include custom options for the parent.
Renaissance Home Connect is another way to keep parents informed about student work in Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Math 2.0, Accelerated Math Live, and MathFacts in a Flash (if it is available for your subscription). If Renaissance Home Connect is available on your Home page, select it, then select What Is Renaissance Home Connect for more information.