Editing a Student's Class Enrollment
Follow the steps below to enroll a student in or unenroll the student from one or more classes. (If you need to enroll or unenroll multiple students for one class, see Adding or Removing Students in a Class instead.) Note these restrictions:
- Students who do not have a school assigned can't be enrolled in classes; assign these students to a school first.
- School administrators can only change class enrollment for students in their school.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Students.
- In the School drop-down list (if available), choose whether to search in all schools or a specific school (you can't set class enrollment for students who aren't in a school). The schools that are available depend on your role.
- Choose a grade from the drop-down list or leave All selected.
- Choose a class from the drop-down list or choose to search for students in any class, those not enrolled in a class, or all students. (You can only select a specific class if you are searching in a specific school.)
- If you want to find a specific student, enter the student's first name, last name, ID, and/or user name. You do not need to enter the entire name or ID; the software can find partial matches.
If you are a school administrator, you can only edit class enrollment for students enrolled in your school.
- Select Search.
- The students who matched your search will be listed at the bottom of the page. Select the name of the student. (If the list is long, select and to move through the list.)
If the student is assigned to more than one school, the student will be listed once for each school; be sure to select the student's name at the school where you want to enroll this student in classes.
- On the Student Information page, select the Class Enrollment tab.
- The Class Enrollment tab lists the classes in which the student is already enrolled. Below this list, the tab shows the Course Catalog. In the School column of the Course Catalog, select the student's school. (The list will only include schools in which the student is currently enrolled.)
- The Course column will list the courses available in the school you chose. Select the name of the course.
- The Class column will list the available classes for the course you selected. Select the class that you want to enroll the student in. The class you selected will be added to the list of classes for this student.
- If you want to enroll the student in another class, repeat steps 7-9. If you want to remove a student from a class, select Unenroll in the row for that class in the first table.
To finish changing the student's enrollment, select Save; if you want to change information on the other tabs first, do that before selecting Save. If you decide not to save your changes, select Cancel instead.