Editing a Parent's Children
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select View Parent.
- Use the Select Parent page to search for the parent whose children you want to work with.
- To retrieve a list of all parents, skip to step 4.
- Type the parent's first and/or last name in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name if you are not sure how it is spelled; the software can perform partial matches.
- Check the Also Show Personnel box if you want to include personnel in the search results.
- If you want your search to include parents who were deleted (but not permanently), check the Show Inactive Parent Records box .
The parents who matched your search will be listed. Click Select next to the parent's name . (If the list is long, you may need to select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.)
On the View Parent page, select Edit Children.
On the Edit Parent's Children page, search for the student(s) to associate with the selected parent.
- Type the student's information in the appropriate blank fields. You do not need to type the entire name or ID; the software can do partial matches.
- You can also select the student's grade from the Grade drop-down list. School personnel and teachers can also select the class.
- School administrators can check Show Students in All Schools to include students from other schools in the search.
- If you leave the blank fields empty and do not select a grade or class, you can search for a list of all students.
- If you want your search to include students who aren't currently enrolled in a school, check the Show Unenrolled Students box .
- Select Search.
The matching students will be listed at the bottom of the page. If the list is long, you won't see all of the results, but you can select Next >> to move forward through the list and << Previous to move back.
Once you have found the student(s) that you want to associate with this parent, select Assign to Parent in the row for each student. The student's name will be added to the list at the top of the page. (If you've accidentally chosen the wrong student, select Remove next to the student's name.)
To save your changes to the list of this parent's children, select Save.
After you assign a child to the parent, be sure to choose the parent's relationship to the child from the Parent Type drop-down list.
To exit the page without saving the changes, select Cancel.