Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
Since classes are unique for each school year, make sure that you're working in the correct school year before you edit a class.
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Courses and Classes.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, use the School drop-down list to select the school where the class takes place.
- On the Courses and Classes page, select the course in which you can find the class.
- On the next page, find the class on one of the tabs (Complete Classes or Incomplete Classes). Select the name of the class that you want to edit.
- On the Edit Class page, change the class information as needed:
- Class Name: The class name is required.
- Primary Teacher: You can use the drop-down list to change the primary teacher. (A primary teacher is required.)
- Team Teachers: This link is only available for classes that already had a primary teacher and products selected. If the link is available and there are other teachers who need to see data for this class, select Add/Remove to change the team teachers for the class. Team teachers are not required, but if you add them, you choose which teacher (primary or team) is the Lead for each product that you selected. Note that any changes you make to the team teachers will not be saved until you select Save on the Add Class or Edit Class page afterwards.
- Marking Period: Use the drop-down list to choose the time period during which the class takes place: one of the marking periods added in Renaissance Place or the entire school year.
- Products: Check the products that the class will use (or click Select All to check all products). You must select at least one product. Students in the class can only work in the products you select.
- Students: Select Add Students or Add/Remove Students to change the students who are enrolled in the class. Note that any changes you make to the student enrollment will not be saved until you select Save on the Add Class or Edit Class page afterwards.
If you save a class without students, the class will be on the Incomplete Classes tab.
When you have finished, select Save.
If you select Cancel, but you have made changes to the class (including changes to the students or team teachers), an Unsaved Changes window will open. If you want to save the changes you made, select Save. If you want to leave the page without saving any changes (including changes to the students or team teachers), select Don't Save. To stay on the page, select Cancel.
If you change the class name and the new name matches the name of a class that was inactivated, the Duplicate Class Found page will open after you save. To activate the inactive class, select Activate. If you do not want to change this class name or activate the previous class, select Cancel.