Editing Student Characteristics
By following the steps below, you can edit the student characteristics that are available in specific schools. You can then assign these characteristics to students and use the information for reports that are focused on specific student groups.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Set Up Characteristics.
- On the Manage Student Characteristics page, district staff members and district administrators can use the School drop-down list to choose the school for which they want to change characteristics, or choose All Schools. (School administrators can only edit student characteristics in their own school.)
- The Manage Student Characteristics page lists the characteristics for the selected school. Find the characteristic that you want to edit and select Edit in the row for that characteristic.
- You cannot edit the standard shared characteristics. However, you can change the names of characteristics that someone in your school or district added after you installed the software.
- For characteristics that are shared by more than one school, the Edit link will only be available when district personnel choose All Schools from the School drop-down list. School administrators cannot edit these characteristics.
Change the name of the characteristic; then, select Save.
If you need to change other characteristics, repeat steps 4-5 above.
Select Done when you are finished.