By default, district administrators, district staff, school administrators, and school staff can delete courses by following the steps below. (These capabilities can be changed.) Do not delete a course until you are sure that you do not need to use it again.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your user name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Courses and Classes.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, you must choose the school for which you want to delete a course. To do this, use the School drop-down list.
- On the Courses and Classes page, select Delete Course in the row for the course that you want to delete.
- The next page will ask if you are sure that you want to delete the course.
- If you want to delete this course permanently, check the Erase Permanently box. If you do this, you cannot recover the deleted course later.
- If you do not check this box, the deleted course becomes inactive, and you can recover it later by adding a course with the same name.
- Select Yes to continue.
The page will then notify you that the course has been deleted or inactivated. If the course could not be deleted permanently because it still has classes, the course will be inactive, even if you chose to delete it permanently. Select Continue.
To recover a course, add a course with exactly the same name as the deleted course to this school only.
- When you attempt to save the new course, the Duplicate Course Found page will open because the new course name matches the name of the deleted course. To restore the old course, select Activate.
- You will be asked if you want to activate just the course name or the course and all its associated records (including the classes in your school years, their assigned teachers, and their enrolled students). Select Only to activate only the course, or select All Records to activate the course and all of its records.
- The program will tell you if the course has been successfully activated. Select Continue.