Follow these steps to delete classes.
Since your classes may be different for different school years, make sure that you are working in the school year that needs the class deleted. The school year is shown above your name in the upper-right section of any page in the program.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Courses and Classes.
- If you are a district administrator or a member of the district staff, use the School drop-down list to select the school that has the class.
- The Courses and Classes page lists the courses that have been added. Select the course for which you want to delete a class.
- The next page shows you more information about the course you selected, including the Complete and Incomplete classes. Select the tab that includes the class you want to delete.
- Select Delete Class in the row for the class that you want to delete.
- The next page will ask if you are sure that you want to delete the class. If you want to delete the class permanently, check the Erase Permanently box.
- If you check this box, you cannot recover the deleted class.
- If you do not check this box, the deleted class becomes inactive, and you can recover it later by adding a class with the same name.
- Select Yes to continue.
The page will then notify you that the class has been deleted or inactivated. (Even if you chose to delete the class permanently, the class may only become inactive if it still contains students or personnel.) Select Continue.
To recover a class, add a class with exactly the same name as the deleted class.
- When you attempt to save the new class, the Duplicate Class Found page will open because the new class name matches the name of the deleted class. To restore the old class, select Activate.
- You will be asked if you want to activate just the class or the class and all its associated records. Select Only to activate only the class, or select All Records to activate the class and all of its records.
- The program will tell you if the class has been successfully activated. Select Continue.