Deleting Student Characteristics
You can delete a student characteristic that you or other personnel have added. However, you can't delete the standard characteristics that are in the list when Renaissance Place is first set up, and if you are a school administrator, you can't delete characteristics for schools that you are not assigned to.
When you delete student characteristics from specific schools, those characteristics cannot be assigned to students. If they are already assigned to students, the characteristics will be removed from the student records for the school(s) that you are working with.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your name and select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Set Up Characteristics.
- On the Manage Student Characteristics page, if you are a district staff member or district administrator, use the School drop-down list to select the school for which you want to delete characteristics, or select All Schools.
- The list will show the characteristics that can be assigned to students at the school(s) you selected. (Shared means that the characteristic is used by more than one school.)
To delete a characteristic, select Delete in the row for that characteristic. You cannot delete the standard characteristics that are automatically in the program; the Delete link will not be available for those characteristics.
- The message that appears next will ask if you are sure that you want to delete the characteristic from the school(s). If you want to continue, select OK.