Setting the Data Editing Restrictions Preference
If you are using Custom Data Integration (CDI) or another method to synchronize this database with another one, the system administrator or district administrator should use the Data Editing Restrictions preference to restrict editing in Renaissance Place or to warn users who edit data. We recommend that you restrict editing in these circumstances. To keep the Renaissance Place database in sync, all changes should be made in the primary database.
The warnings or restrictions in this preference affect anyone who tries to edit information about the district, school, courses, classes, students, personnel, parents, or school years.
Only the district administrator or administrative user can change this preference. (The administrative user is the default user who is already in the database when your Renaissance Place software is installed.)
Who can do this with default capabilities?
System Administrators, District Administrators
- On the Home page, select Product Administration.
- Select Set Data Editing Restrictions Preference.
- The Set Data Editing Restrictions Preference page lists several types of data stored in the Renaissance Place database. For each type of data, you will see three options:
- OK: This means that your staff can add, change, or delete this information in Renaissance Place with no restrictions or warnings.
- Caution : This means that the warning symbol will appear on all pages with links that allow staff to add, edit, or delete this information. The symbol warns those who change the information that their changes may be overwritten by the external source of data. When the symbol appears next to links (not on tabs), your staff can select the symbol to see more information.
- No edits : This means that your staff will not be allowed to add, edit, or delete this type of information. Links to these tasks will be disabled, and the symbol will appear next to the disabled links. When the symbol appears next to links (not on tabs), your staff can select the symbol to see more information. All updates to this information should be done in the database that is the source of the update.
When you have finished choosing an option for each type of data, you can select Save to save the setting, or select Cancel to cancel without saving your settings.