Copying Days Off from the Previous School Year
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your user name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
For each new school year, you can copy days off from the previous school year. This link is only available if you have not copied days off before for this school year and if there are days off available for the selected school(s) from the previous school year.
You can use days off to record holidays, teacher conventions, and other occasions when school is not in session. Accelerated Reader uses days off for some report calculations.
- If you want to copy days off into a future school year, you must choose to work in that school year first.
- On the Home page, select School Years.
- Select Add/Edit Days Off.
- If you are a district administrator or district staff member, on the Select Schools page, check the box next to each school for which you want to copy days off. Then, select Next >.
- On the Add/Edit Days Off page, the Copy Days Off link will be available if you have not copied days off into this school year before. Select the link.
- The days off that can be copied will be listed. Note that the dates will be adjusted when you copy them to be within the new school year. To continue, select Copy.
- You will return to the Add/Edit Days Off page, where you can make adjustments to the days off if necessary:
- To add more days off, enter a name and the dates. (You can select the calendar buttons to select the dates instead of typing them.) Then select Add to add the day off to the list at the bottom of the page.
- To delete any of the days off, select Delete in the row for the item.
- To edit a day off, select Edit in the row for that item, change the information in the fields at the top of the page, and select Update.
- To re-sort the list by start date, select start Date. To sort by name again, select Name.
To save the days off you have copied and any changes you have made, select Save.
If you are copying days off for multiple schools, select the number of schools at the top of the page or in the table to see the school names.