Clearing Locks for Students
A student account becomes locked when a student enters an incorrect password too many times in a row. Students with locked accounts cannot log in again until the lock has been cleared or until midnight. The district administrator sets the number of attempts allowed using the Set Login Attempts Allowed preference.
District personnel can unlock any student record. School administrators and staff can unlock records for students in their own school. Teachers can unlock records for their own students.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Clear Locked Students.
- The Clear Locked Students page lists all students whose records are locked.
- If the list is long, it will be split into more than one page; select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.
- To narrow the list to a certain student or group of students, type the first name, last name, ID, and/or grade in the appropriate blank fields (school personnel and teachers can also choose the class). Select Search.
To clear account locks:
When you have finished unlocking student accounts, select Done.
- for all students, select Clear All Student Locks.
- for individual students, select Clear in the row for each student whose account should be unlocked; when you do this, the student's name will be removed from the list.