Clearing Locks for Multiple Personnel Accounts
A personnel account becomes locked when a person enters an incorrect password too many times in a row. The district administrator sets the number of attempts allowed using the Set Login Attempts Allowed preference. Personnel with locked accounts cannot log in again until the lock has been cleared or until midnight, when the account unlocks automatically.
District personnel can unlock accounts for any personnel. School administrators can unlock accounts for personnel in their school.
If you are a school administrator and you have access to more than one school, select the school to work in before following these steps. To do this, on the Home page, select your name at the top; then, select Change Role in the menu that opens. You can then choose the school to work in.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
District Administrators, District Staff, School Administrators
- On the Home page, select Users.
- Select Clear Locked Personnel.
- The Clear Locked Personnel page lists all personnel members whose records are locked.
- If the list is long, it will be split into more than one page; select Next >> and << Previous to move forward and back through the list.
- To narrow the list to a certain person or group of people, type the first and last name in the appropriate blank fields; district personnel may also choose a school. Then, select Search.
To clear account locks:
- for all personnel members, select Clear All Personnel Locks.
- for individuals, select Clear in the row for each person whose account should be unlocked; when you do this, the person's name will be removed from the list.
When you have finished unlocking personnel accounts, select Done.
If a person is listed at more than one location, clearing the lock will unlock all of the locations.